Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rush

it's a great contradiction that i, being such an impatient person, do not appreciate the rush of life here in the city.

it's thursday already...(what happened between monday to wednesday???--nothing enters my mind...) time flies!!!

i've lived half of my life here in manila already (for my studies & for work), yet i'm still not used to this life. i still crave for the slow & simple life in my province. most people would find it rather boring to live in the province & would find time moving too slow for them...but not for me. most of the time, people do not believe me when i say that i'd rather live in the province, have a slow paced life & be able to enjoy the simple things life has to offer.

lately, i find myself complaining too much about how my life is a routine & how i'm so bored with it. petty things irritate me. i can't control it & it makes me feel embarrassed. maybe i'm getting tired with living here in the city...

i hate it that i have to wake up early in the morning, prepare in a rush (don't even have the luxury of enjoying my breakfast) just to beat the morning traffic. after office, again i have to endure the long drive home. at the end of the week, i often find myself trying to remember what i did in the past few days & i almost always end up recalling nothing particular that i did & i enjoyed. i feel really exhausted...

helping me keep my sanity in this complicated life in the city are my friends. they all live here. even most of my childhood friends have already moved here for work. my friends here are the only thing that keeps me from moving back to my hometown...

well, who says life is perfect? you really can't have the best of both worlds. i guess for now i just have to weigh which matters most to me...

No comments: