Friday, July 11, 2008

what's for breakfast?

A large bowl of warm old fashioned oats with my mom’s (homemade with much LOVE) tablea (native cocoa) & powdered milk…this is my typical morning meal. I have this everyday & I don’t seem to get tired of it. No matter how full I was the night before or how early I have to leave the house that day, I see to it that I don’t miss my usual breakfast or else my day won’t be complete. My ultimate comfort food, I can even actually eat this any time of the day. For lunch, snack or even dinner.
We all eat differently in the morning, ranging from instant meals, to quick & easy to prepare, to the more time consuming & sophisticated. Nowadays, most people are too busy that they are used to skipping breakfast.
Garlic rice, egg & longganisa, hot pandesal with corned beef or quezo or mantekilya, rice porridge with pickled vegetables, hot noodle soup with dumplings, toast with butter & jam, cereals with milk, eggs benedict, waffles, pancakes, french toasts, yogurt, granola, et cetera...et cetera.
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What's your breakfast today?

No comments: