Tuesday, September 16, 2008

daddy's girl

we've never been the expressive kind of family. we don't give hugs or kisses when we leave or come home, not even during special occasions. we love, care & support each other in silence, particularly my dad. he's the type who's reserved but you sense the deep concern. he's a wise man who rarely speaks, so when he does we really listen.

being the eldest of 4 girls, i think i'm more of my mom's girl than my dad's. i feel that amongst us, my 2nd sibling or my youngest is closest to my dad. that's why i really value the few times that my dad shows his affection towards me.

this morning, while i was having breakfast, he came to me with a tube of antibiotic. he told me to apply it to my wound. (fyi: i just had a big wart removed from my middle finger in my left hand)

i cherish these occasional moments, they transport me to a state of bliss.

No comments: